La Boissiere Booking Terms and Conditions
1. The cottages known as La Vieille Grange, La Maison Perigordine and La Boulangerie are available for holiday rental from Stuart and Tish Inglis (the owners) to you the client named on the booking form.
2. To reserve a cottage the client should read the booking form and conditions and make arrangements to pay the non-refundable deposit indicated. Following the receipt of the deposit, the owners will send confirmation of the booking. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit is payable on the dates shown, 8 weeks before the holiday booking commences. Should payment not be received by that date the owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the booking is cancelled. Should this happen the initial deposit is forfeited. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require payment in full at the time of the reservation.
4. Payment for any heating used in Spring, Autumn or Winter is extra and is charged at cost price and at no profit to the owners.
5. A security deposit of € 250.00 per cottage at the owners discretion is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the clients’ liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the full amount or the balance due within 2 weeks of the end of the rental period.
6. Subject to Clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation, refunds of any amounts will be made by the owner if the owner is able to re-let the cottage. Any expense or loss incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a fully comprehensive insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal injury and belongings, public liability etc., since these will not be covered by the owners’ insurance.
7. The rental period shall commence at 4pm on the first day and end at 10am on the last day. Any arrangements to vary this must be made with the owner prior to arrival.
8. The maximum number of people staying in a cottage must not exceed the number stated on the booking form. All persons staying in the cottage must be named on a booking form and any amendments agreed with the owners before arrival.
9. The client agrees to be a considered tenant and to take good care of the cottage and the facilities. The client also agrees to leave the cottage “as you found it” at the end of the rental period. Although a final clean through is included in the price, the owner reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover any additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the cottage in an unacceptable condition. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause a nuisance or disturbance to those residents in any neighbouring property.
10. The client shall report to the owner, without delay, any defects in the cottage or breakdown in any equipment or appliances in the cottage, garden or swimming pool. Arrangement for repairs and/or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
11. The owner shall not be liable to the client for:
· Any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the cottage, or in respect to any failure of equipment or appliances in the cottage, garden or swimming pool.
· For any loss or damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owners.
· Should the cottage be destroyed or damaged prior to the commencement of the rental period, the owner shall refund, within 7 days, only sums previously paid by the client.
12. The client understands and accepts that the swimming pool does not have a life guard in attendance. The owners of the property do not accept any responsibility for the supervision of the safety of individuals using the pool or other facilities. Arrangements for supervision of your party, particularly children, remain entirely vested in you the client. The client accepts that they will use any gates, pool alarms or other safety mechanisms in place to promote pool safety protection as required by French law, and according to instruction. The pool is for use by residents only.
13. Under no circumstances shall the owners’ liability to the client exceed the amount already paid to the owners under this booking.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.